We are interested in functional nanomaterials design, characterization, and performance evaluation for energy conversion and storage, as well as sustainable and green chemistry. Our current synthetic focus is exploring robust and efficient 2D electrocatalysts, as well as 3D electrodes for electrocatalysis in inorganic and organic systems. In addition, we are highly motivated in integrating functionalized porous composites into flow devices for water purification, and analyzing the kinetics via in situ spectroscopy technique.
Key techniques: Nanostructuring, electrochemical performance evaluation, post-catalytic characterization, in situ spectro-electrochemistry, in situ UV Vis spectroscopy
Research system: 2D/3D nanomaterials, overall water splitting, hybrid water electrolyzer, biomass upgrading, small molecule conversion, porous composite filter material, advanced devices for water purification
- D. Gao, R. Liu, J. Biskupek, U. Kaiser, Y.-F. Song, C. Streb, Modular Design of Noble-Metal-Free Mixed Metal Oxide Electrocatalysts for Complete Water Splitting, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2019, 58, 4644-4648.
- R. Gong, D. Gao, R. Liu, D. Sorsche, J. Biskupek, U. Kaiser, S. Rau, C. Streb, Self-activation of a polyoxometalate-derived composite electrocatalyst for the oxygen evolution reaction, ACS Appl. Energy Mater., 2021, 4, 12671-12676.
- D. Gao, R. Liu, S. Liu, S. Greiner, M. Anjass, J. Biskupek, U. Kaiser, H. Braun, T. Jacob, C. Streb, Electrocatalytic Oxygen Evolution by Hierarchically Structured Cobalt-Iron Composites, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2021, 13, 19048-19054.
- D. Gao, S. Liu, R. Liu, C. Streb, Bulk Nanostructuring of Janus-Type Metal Electrodes, Chem. Eur. J., 2020, 26, 11109-11112.
- D. Gao, I. Trentin, L. Schwiedrzik, L. González, C. Streb, The Reactivity and Stability of Polyoxometalate Water Oxidation Electrocatalysts, Molecules, 2020, 25, 157.