- Evolution of the reproductive system of Odonates
- Differences in the paternity likelihood of mate guarding types
- Maturation period of Odonata
- Niche modeling of odonates
- Niche differentiation within the African genus Trithemis
- Co-evolution: how similar can sister species be
- Life time egg production of Libellulids
- Pre-and post eyespot development in Anisoptera
- Influence of temperature and photoperiod on embryogenesis and larval development of Libellulids
- Influence of climate change on biocoenoses of macro invertebrates
- Host parasite interactions; what are the advantages of complex life cycles?
Key techniques: Determination of macro invertebrates; rearing experiments; behavioural observations; life history studies; marc recapture; telemetry with harmonic radar; niche modelling with MaxEnt; nestedness temperature calculator (NTC); scanning electron microscopy (SEM); transmissions electron microscopy (TEM); computer tomography (ct)
Research system/organism: Odonata
- Koch, K., Wagner, C. & Sahlén, G., 2013. Farmland versus forest: comparing changes in Odonata species composition in western and eastern Sweden. Insect Conservation and Diversity, DOI: 10.1111/icad.12034
- Ware, J., Karlsson, M., Sahlén, G. & Koch, K., 2012. Evolution of reproductive strategies in libellulid dragonflies (Odonata: Anisoptera). Organisms Diversity and Evolution, DOI: 10.1007/s13127-012-0096-0.
- Hammerschmidt, K., Koch, K., Milinski, M., Chubb, J. & Parker, G., 2009. When to go: Optimization of host switching in parasites with complex lifecycles. Evolution, 63 (8), 1976-1986.
- Scharsack, J. P., Koch, K. & Hammerschmidt, K., 2007. Who is in control of the stickleback immune system: interactions between Schistocephalus solidus and its specific vertebrate host. Proceedings of the Royal Society B, 274 (1629), 3151-3158.
- Schenk, K., Suhling, F. & T. Martens, A., 2004. Relation between egg distribution, mate guarding intensity, and offspring quality in dragonflies (Odonata). Animal Behaviour, 68, 599-606.